Cultural or Linguistic immersion in a French family
Let’s Speak can now offer you the possibility of staying with a French family.
If you are interested in:
- The French culture, its gastronomy and tasting wines.
- Visiting local historic sites and landmarks.
- Then why not do this with someone who can show you, with a French eye ?
With our Cultural Immersion formula, stay a few days or more with an English spoken French family, and share their way of life.
If you wish to learn French or simply improve the French you already know.
- Why not choose our Linguistic Immersion formula and stay with a French family, what better way to learn than to be able to share everyday conversations with French people?
- For individuals or families.
- Whatever you choose each stay is tailor made to meet your specific desires and needs, we have many families from many different walks of life, some of our families speak English, some only French.
How do our Immersion stays work?
You choose your dates and the duration of your stay.
You contact us so that we can discuss your aims for your stay; we then choose the appropriate host family together.
If you have a favourite sport or hobby tell us about it before you come. We will endeavour to find a family that has similar taste: tennis, swimming, cycling, hiking, fishing, or maybe even canoeing! Maybe you would like to learn to cook a real French meal or simply like to take the time to appreciate the countryside around you and visit places of interest.
You will not be left to wander on your own ; you will be shown around local historical sites and attractions, go to local markets, go for country walks, play board games, sports or other activities with your hosts guiding you throughout your stay.
If you choose Linguistic immersion, for an hour and half each day, a member of the family will help you with written worksheets provided for you by Let’s Speak.
Who are our host families?
We pride ourselves on the quality of our host families and their homes. All of our families are selected for their high standard of education, capacity to help with language learning and willingness to share their culture.
Before becoming a host family, we visit each family to be certain their home is well kept, warm and welcoming. We talk to the family members, discuss their lifestyle and generally get to know them, explain our expectations, and their commitment towards their future guests.
Each family must agree with our Quality Charter and provide a clean criminal record check.
If you are planning a trip to France or you already live here, why not spend a few days or even a week with a host family?